Centre Scientifique et Technique du Batiment
- Applied R&D in the field of innovative ambient technology solutions for new services related to comfort, energy saving, safety and assisted living; in the field of ambient computing and middleware requirements for dynamic adaptation of software systems; in the field of ambient sensors and actuators infrastructures coupled with stochastic tools for automatic identification of correlation patterns between events, in national and European R&D dedicated to ICT tools for energy efficiency in smart buildings.
- Applied R&D projects on: Tap water; Microbiological aspects related to water heaters and hot water pipes; Sustainable water management and water/energy savings; On-site wastewater treatment plants and their discharge to the environment.
D'Appolonia S. p. A.
- Specific skills related to plants (co-generation and tri-generation), integration of renewable energy sources in buildings, multi-source energy storage systems, new systemic approaches for enhancing overall energy performance of the buildings envelope.
- active in the fields of ICT systems for effective energy management, methods for evaluating the energy footprint of existing buildings and methodologies for effective metering of energy use, and overall LCA of the elements under real use conditions in buildings.
- experience in many ICT energy efficiency projects
- also runs the EU construction information portal (CRIP) which will provide a tool to provide SMEs direct access to project results, products, and services.
- Experience in leading and delivering similar research and development initiatives at a European and EU level.
- Experience into the development, refinement and application of hydro-environmental numerical models for predicting flow, water quality, sediment and contaminant transport processes in coastal, estuarine and inland waters and water treatment and wastewater treatment works.
- Experience in working with partners from the public and private sector to promote adaptive knowledge sharing and exchange on future city infrastructures and progress smart innovations and interventions which lead to sustainable growth in both physical and socio-economic spatial structures.
City of Cardiff Council
- Highway authority for the city
- Manages a large portfolio of highways, infrastructure, council buildings and schools across Cardiff city.
- Engaged in large scale programmes aimed at delivering sustainable development, retrofit and neighbourhood regeneration across the Council's own building stock and wider communities of the city
- Experience with engaging with stakeholders and citizens across this agenda.
- Land Drainage Authority
Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
- Extensive experience in the water industry, including Asset Strategy development & implementation across the sector.
- Extensive experience in dealing with the climate change agenda and translating this into stringent water and environmental best practice.
- Experience in deploying new technologies to improve leakage detection, online monitoring to improve the treatment process and to understand what is occurring within the water distribution network and sewerage network. DCWW is committed towards developing smart real time networks to give improved information and service to our customers.
Provincia della Spezia
- Wide experience in water field
- Extensive knowledge of European, Italian and local laws and regulation related to water management sector.
- Public Authority and Water Authority, dissemination, development of regulations, facility management , public engagement sustainability and environmental protection.
Società Acquedotti Tirreni S. p. A.
- Specific skills in the ordinary and extraordinary management of the water service.
- Wide experience in all activities related to the search of new water sources, to the design, building and installation of new water networks, of water treatment facilities and sewage treatment plants and also in the maintenance services.
- Specific skills in the management of activities related to the integrated water service. SAT is also skilled in the law and regulations of water field and in the sectorial market analysis.
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
- Sensing networks for water systems, Monitoring of water pipelines for leak detection, Isolating and locating pipe anomalies.
- Particular focus on self-adaptive solutions to sensing from hardware to protocols to sensor data fusion.
Advantic Sistemas y Servicios sl
- Water Quality: Turbidity, pH, specific electrical conductance (EC), dissolved O2 (DO)
- Water Distribution: Flow & pressure levels, leakage detection, water levels
- Water Usage: Remote reading of water meters or control of irrigation in parks and gardens
IDRAN Ingegneria e Tecnologia srl
- Hydraulic and Hydrological projects for private companies and government agencies regarding prevention, restoration and urban planning activities
- GIS and remote sensing related to climate change, environmental sustainability, risk assessment, natural disasters, agricultural, land and urban planning and management project
- European representative of FLO-2D USA and co-developer of the two-dimensional hydraulic and hydrological numerical model FLO-2D
- European projects: EU-FP7 Project (Theme ENV.2011.1.3.4-1) "CATALYST: Capacity Development for Hazard Risk Reduction and Adaptation"
- Technical training courses for the Autorità di Bacino del Fiume Tevere on the urban planning using GIS and water resources management